Keynote 08 and Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Coca-Cola, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

How reliable is Keynote 08. How well will it work with powerpoint? My father is doing powerpoint presentations on windows machines. If he constructs a keynote presentation using keynote, will he be able to use it at work?

Thanks for your response

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Keynote is entirely reliable, and composing in Keynote and exporting to PowerPoint can be accomplished easily, but it is a waste of effort. All of the great effects you can create in Keynote will be completely lost in PowerPoint.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its such a pity PP is the standard...I recommend NeoOffice...

4. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Compatibility is good but not perfect. I just used it and I had to change the formatting on a few graphs that I pasted in.

The basic text and slide design should transfer fine. Try an example slide to test it out.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

NeoOffice is unfortunately not good for the presentation software but for word processing and spreadsheets it's the best for a free suite of apps.

6. Muzzway macrumors regular

If you have to present on Windows machines, you can always export to Flash or Quicktime and keep all of your effects.

(This is assuming that those Windows machines have Flash or Quicktime installed)

7. Coca-Cola thread starter macrumors 6502

So the answer is no.

So the easy answer is no. If he makes it suck, it will work. Or he can export it into a pdf,quicktime, or flash.