Keynote 08' on a USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Neurotrophin, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Neurotrophin macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Im a life scientist who is constantly doing presentations at my work. I've recently made the switch from Powerpoint to Keynote 08' and Im running into a rather consistent problem - nobody has Keynote 08' software installed on their machine. I was wondering if it is possible to load Keynote 08' right off my 4 GB scandisk flash drive. This would allow me a great deal of comfort to know that whatever apple computer I need to use I'll have the software I need to show my talk. Can I just install Keynote straight onto my USB drive?
    Thanks.

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

If it's formatted correctly (don't know which), I'd say it might be possible. People have installed versions of other software (firefox) on flashdrives before.. so my guess is it could be done. Plug in your flashdrive and run the Keynote '08 installer and choose your flashdrive to see if it'll install.

3. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Instead of doing the full installation process, why dont you try dragging the whole keynote app from your Applications folder on your mac to your thumbdrive instead. I tried this method with some 3rd party apps and they have been working fine.

4. Neurotrophin thread starter macrumors newbie