Keynote 09, Presenting a Slideshow how?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krewelement394, Apr 17, 2009.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

Hi everyone i am new to Keynote, i have been using powerpoint for a long time but the new version just sucks! i love keynote a lot better! i was able to create really good presentation there but i cannot present it....! why? everytime i try to hook it up to the projector i get something like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/coolboi8/Picture3.png

i really want to show my presentation that i created on keynote! i tried converting it to powerpoint but all the special effects i used on keynote went bye bye and i do not want to re-do it!! please can anyone help me figure out how to present it using a projector or a tv! (i have the tv cable thing for my macbook) is there some type of setting i have to click on?

Thnks!:]

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

i think the easiest way to solve the problem is to turn off the "use alternate display to view presenter information" option in the Presenter Display portion of the preferences.

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

You are selecting "Rehearse Slideshow." Try selecting "Play Slideshow" instead.

4. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

Nope! i did click on Play, and on the lil. Play icon under the slides

5. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

i tried that but the screen on the projector and tv just turn pitch black! the slideshow on my macbook shows the slideshow normal but that is not the point...:[

6. mcruzader macrumors regular

Is the the projector mirroring your display or extending it...that picture is it of your computer screen or the projector?