Keynote 09 questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joonyee94, Oct 2, 2012.

1. joonyee94 macrumors newbie

So, yeah. Apple's iWork Keynote 09'. So can Keynote save your presentation into .pptx file format? Oh yeah, also after I finished my keynote and I want to open my file in a PC, and begin my presentation, so will the animations and the whole/some-part of my presentation slides got deformed for examples letters co-ordinations all misplaced, shown in a language that's non-understandable, or it just cant open out in Microsoft PowerPoint? Thanks~ Hoping you guys can solved my problems as soon as possible!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I'm using 08, so can't comment about .pptx format. However, when you export a Keynote presentation as a Powerpoint, and then open that Powerpoint on a PC, you may well have problems.

The fonts, builds animations etc, will only work the same if the ones that you have used are installed/supported by the version of Powerpoint on the PC. Best to try it out in plenty of time incase you have any work to do.

3. Petercha macrumors newbie

How do you change what number the slide numbering starts at in Keynote?

I am putting together a slide show in Keynote. The first few slides are "header" slides, if you will, and must not be included in the slide numbers. I want to start the numbering at 1, but a few slides into the presentation. How can I do this?

4. joonyee94 thread starter macrumors newbie

So will it work when I saved it as a compatible file format of Microsoft PowerPoint, I mean by the build animations and the fonts coordinates.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Only if the version of Powerpoint uses the same build animations, and the PC has the same fonts that are on your Mac.