Keynote 09 very, very slow on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ryanschmidt, Sep 5, 2010.

1. ryanschmidt macrumors member

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days now. I've searched all over the web and found suggestions to turn of Object Spacing & Sizing so I did that but I've seen no improvement. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling iWork entirely. No improvement.

I am using Keynote to wireframe for a few web projects I'm working on. This is actually a very popular use for Keynote so I decided to give it a shot. It seems like as I add more items to the slide it gets slower and slower. My keynote file is just under 120kb so I find it hard to believe that it's completely freezing on 4 macs that I've tried.

Would anyone care to download the keynote file and just try playing with it to see what I mean? Simply duplicating the OBS group of text and drop downs results in a huge slow down.

Right now it's been froze on duplicating the slide for about 5mins. My resources show 75% ram and 30% cpu on my mac pro with 8gb ram. My macbook pro, mac mini and a friends macbook pro do the same thing.

Here's the file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44100/sky/wireframe_slow.key

2. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

Whoa, I dont know whats wrong with that file, but when I tried to open it, keynote just stopped responding.

3. ryanschmidt thread starter macrumors member

And the craziest thing is, the only stuff in there are keynote line box objects and text. That's it! :(