Keynote 6: Now in Mandatory Low Res?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by evangw, Oct 24, 2013.

1. evangw macrumors regular

I just "updated" to Keynote 6, and had a couple major issues that I couldn't find solutions to, but maybe someone else has come across them.

Vector images --> Raster images
    1) I have a lot of high quality, very large PDFs (like 2 MB) in a presentation. They have a bunch of text that is illegible from a distance, but if I zoom into 400% then it's crisp and clear. Keynote 6 was so clever it downsampled all my images without asking me, and converted them from vector graphics to rasterized graphics, so they look horrible at 400%. I could not find a way to disable this. Any ideas?

2) Presentation slide: 800x600 is good enough for the entire world now? I can't find any way to change the slide size. Coupled with the fact that vector images are seemingly no longer supported (see #1), this means I can't import my images without them looking terrible if I want to blow them up.

Anyone else having issues with this? I also love how keynote converted my 68 MB presentation to a 40 MB presentation without asking or keeping a backup (though I had backed it up before and didn't lose anything).

Fortunately Keynote 5.3 still works on Mavericks.

2. powers74 macrumors 68000

powers74

iWork13 is looking to be a horrible misstep. Worse than FCPX. They will have to fix this mess.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The default slides are 1024x768. You can change it by clicking Setup at the top right and choosing a custom size.

4. olivierp, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

olivierp macrumors newbie

I agree, the loss of vector graphics in Keynote is a disaster! I guess I'll try to lift Keynote 5 back out of time machine

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc