Keynote and Powerpoint on iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pilot2bombdier, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Pilot2bombdier macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if a Powerpoint presentation that is uploaded on to the internet would open in Keynote on my iPad. My professors all have their slideshows online but I don't really want to spend the ten bucks if it won't open!

I'm cheap yet I buy Apple! Makes sense huh?!

Thanks!

2. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

I use both Keynote on iPad and PowerPoint through a Citrix receiver on iPad. Honestly, PowerPoint for me is more compatible and works better for me in presentations. Most of the time when i try and open a PPT or pptx file built in PowerPoint, Keynote on iPad will say some font is missing, some image is not compatible, strip out all animations, etc. And what is left is not pretty.

So if you have Keynote presos from your Profs, you may have better luck. I would print the PowerPoint presentation to PDF and view them that way.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I just tried downloading some sample PowerPoint presentations I found online and they all work. It's a bit tedious because you have to tap on each file, load it using Safari's built-in viewer and tap on "Open in" button at the top right to download and open it in another app. Keynote works perfectly though.

4. Pilot2bombdier thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info! Seems like I'm going to have to do the whole emailing thing. It doesn't want to give me the open of "open with.."

Thanks!