Keynote and videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ochsenbauer, Jun 3, 2012.

1. ochsenbauer macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have a large video collection, which I have to use in keynote presentations. Is there a way to link in the keynote presentation to a the video of my video collection?

Today, I copy the video every time into the keynote presentation. The keynote file is getting very large and every time I do that, I will copy the original video in to the keynote presentation. Meanwhile I haver more that 150GB of such key presentations. If I could linked the videos, I´m sure that I would have only 100MB of storage used.

I use the latest iWork09 on a MBP 2011.

Best regards Thomas

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can only link to an email, webpage, another Keynote slide or Presentation.

So, you could put your video in it's own separate Presentation and then make a hyperlink to it that way. I suspect that you will have to wait for that Presentation to open and run though.

3. ochsenbauer thread starter macrumors newbie

If I do that, I have to go back from the "video presentation" by hand and I have to start the original presentation also manual. It is a uncomfortable way. Or is there a possibility to switch back from the presentation where the video is to the original one and go ahead from the last slide before I started the video?

Regards Thomas

4. RedCroissant, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

RedCroissant Suspended

You could always upload the video to youtube or vimeo and then link it from there.

WRONG ADVICE!!!!

In Keynote, move the mouse to the top right of the app window and you'll see the "media" icon right next to the inspector. As long as you have it on your computer, then find the video in the media selector window, then click and drag in onto the slide you want. You can test it by just playing the presentation.

Yeah, that was wrong again. I thought that method would link it instead of copying it to the presentation.

5. thewoz macrumors member

6. jahala macrumors regular

When you go to save the file, reveal the advanced options and uncheck the box next to "Copy audio and movies into document". Unfortunately, you only have that option for new files. If you duplicate a file and go to save, that option is disabled.

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Put something; eg, a text box saying "Click Here To Return" or similar and hyperlink it back to the slide of youir choice.