Keynote app, what's the point?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blades, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Blades macrumors newbie

What's the main point of developing the Keynote app if you cannot connect the iPad to a projector?
    Is it just for drafting presentations while in the toilet?

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I assume you meant to say CAN'T connect the iPad to a projector. It has a XGA VGA output mode via the dock connector (for connecting to projectors). Should have had an HDMI option as well, though.

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

4. VideoShooter macrumors regular

I also sometimes use my laptop as a presentation screen as well...

Especially when I'm only talking to one or two people... It's much more intimate.

A ipad, an iphone to click through slides and a case for it to be presented. Nice little package.

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

they specifically said you COULD plug the iPad into a projector for keynote during the announcement

6. Blades thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mrgreen4242...

Canelloni, I thought the appropriate place for pointing that would be in the Input-Output section...

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Apparently there is a Dock-connected VGA port available. Another adapter you'll need to buy.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Like Apple has ever supported HDMI :rolleyes:

9. admanimal macrumors 68040

I am actually pretty psyched about Keynote. As a scientist, it will be great to use to share my work during in a more personal way during interviews/meetings/etc. in addition to doing standard presentations with.

10. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I find it impressive and ironic that Kindle ads help support this forum!

I suspect anyone showing up at a meeting with an iPad to use for keynote presentations is trying to compensate for some odd inferiority complex.:eek: Get anything with it's own VGA port! You'll need one and they don't have an iPad adapter for that, yet. You belong to the same species that bought macbook Airs, except you get paid less. JMHO. :D

11. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

My Macbook doesn't have a VGA port, it needs an adapter. Does that mean I'm trying to compensate for some odd inferiority complex if i use it for my presentations?

12. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Apple's orphan Apple TV does... http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html

But yeah, all we can do is hope someone is able to make an HDMI adapter and god willing, 720P output.

13. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

Pretty sure that's not going to happen. First of all there is no digital out capability on the iPad. Second, the output is limited to VGA 1024x768, or 480p in component mode. So there will not be enough resolution for true 720p.

14. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I know, I just wanted to keep the dream alive in my head :/ Reality is more disappointing.