Keynote: Best method to run on Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by B@SS_SHOCK, Mar 25, 2008.

1. B@SS_SHOCK macrumors member

Hey just wondering if anyone had any expertise running Keynotes on Windows.

I found in past presentations I could make a DVD through iDVD and it would be OK in quality (text sharpness was lacking).

I was just wondering if there's any new methods that could work? Especially with the iPod; is there a way to use the IR dock using the remote with manual advances rather than fixed time?

2. migulic macrumors member

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I "print" it as a PDF and display it that way. Seems to be the most accurate rendering, though you lose any builds.

4. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

to keep your animations and tranistions exact, you're right about using iDVD (or Quicktime.)

The only problem is the resolution is not as high as a full screen Keynote presentation. That may be why your text sharpness was lacking. Your resolution is being cut to a third of the original.

You can export as a (gag) PowerPoint presentation, but you may need to do some animation and transition checking. They don't always come over as clean as you build them. You may even need to re-insert media files like movies and sounds.

5. B@SS_SHOCK thread starter macrumors member

Well I think I'll stick with the DVD but also bring a flash drive with a Quicktime export just in case, and a serial for full screen :D

There is a way to get manual advance Keynotes on an iPod but it involves exporting multiple JPEG files. I think it's the iPod firmware that needed to be updated to allow manual advance, but I don't think that's high on the list.

6. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

If you are going to export .jpgs, you could rebuild in PowerPoint on the PC very quickly.

Make a new presentation, go to Insert > Picture > New Photo Album. Click on File/Disk and find your images. Under Album layout you can choose Fit to Slide to make them full screen. clcik Create and BAM, you have a new slide show.

7. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Quicktime presentation

The "Export to Quicktime presentation" is still the best option as you will keep the resolution, the transitions and the user-controlled playback.

Just make sure to also bring the latest version of Quicktime for Windows on your flash drive.