Keynote Displaying the Speaker Notes through Dell LCD projector instead of the slide

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kellyvandever, Sep 29, 2009.

1. kellyvandever macrumors newbie

Help!

I'm new to Mac and Keynote and experienced a problem today that I didn't know how to fix.

In the past, I hooked up my MacBook Pro (using the connector dealie that allows you to plug the MacBook into a projector with the prong thingees on it) to an overhead projector mounted in a conference room and it worked fine (I can't remember if I was running PowerPoint or Keynote -- I may have used each app during the different times I was in that room). That hook up worked better than fine, much easier than hooking up a PC.

However today, I was in a different room and had to use an LCD projector to do my presentation. When I hooked everything up and turned it on, I immediately got my desk top on the screen in the room as expected.

But when I opened Keynote and went to "play" the slide show, I got the presenter's version of the slide show (with a timer, a view of the "current" slide and a view of the "next" slide) coming through the LCD projector and onto the screen in the room and the actual slide showed up on my MacBook Pro screen. In other words, it looked like the opposite of what you would think which screen would be projected where.

I have a BIG presentation next week in another city and was planning to use my MacBook Pro. Anyone know what I need to do if I have this problem again to make sure the "slide show" shows up on the screen in the room (through the LCD projector), and not the "presenter's version" on screen?

HELP!!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You need to go into preferences of Keynote and make sure that you are displaying the notes on the right screen.

To change which screen is Primary and Secondary go into System Preferences -> Displays and then move the small white rectangle onto the right display.

3. kellyvandever thread starter macrumors newbie

Keynote Displaying the Speaker Notes through Dell LCD projector instead of the slide

Thanks Golden Mac Kid! I will give that a try before next week! You rock!