Keynote hyperlink

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anjinha, Aug 15, 2007.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I wanted someone to tell me if this is possible to do in Keynote:

say I have a Keynote presentation with four slides. In the first slide I have hyperlinks to pages 2, 3 and 4. Can I have a different transition effect for each slide so that when I click on hyperlink for slide 2 I have the cube transition, when I click on hyperlink for page 3 I have the flip transition... etc?

Thanks

2. millap macrumors regular

This can be done, but it's a bit tricky. If you try to do it as you have described, then clicking on any of the hyperlinks will still give you the cube transition which is not what you want.

The trick is to insert an additional slide before EACH of your target slides, which is a duplicate of slide 1, but without the hyperlinks. You then set your required transitions on each of these duplicate slides, but set the 'Start Transition' dropdown to Automatically after 0.0s. The final step is to ensure that there is no transition on slide 1.

If that didn't make any sense, let me know and I'll email you a demo file.

3. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

Thanks. I think that is relly gonna work for what I need. :)

4. droche macrumors newbie

Hyperlink to a Keynote Build within within same slide?

In Keynote, can you establish a hyperlink to activate a Build function within the same slide? Trying to run 'top ten' type list while revealing text answers as audience guesses randomly. i.e. reveal that "Chocolate Chip" ranks number 6 as guessed.
    thx