Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
RailHeadDesign indicates that updates to Keynote, iSync and iCal are lined up for minor updates by month's end.

Rumors of Keynote 1.0.2 and iSync 1.1 have leaked out over the past few weeks. ThinkSecret published a few more iSync update details today and also expects the release to arrive by the end of this month. Fewer details on iCal updates are available, though there have been indications that the iCal development team has seen some employee turnover in the recent past.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
Originally posted by mymemory
I - Care - less - ! - :rolleyes:

okay first things first
it's "I couldn't care less" - if you're gonna whine, do it right. ;)

Second -
is it just me, or do the rumors seem to have increased in number exponentially in the last month or so, and most have proved to be correct (iPod, iBooks, eMacs, FCP4, DVDP2, etc...). This could be the start of Apple making a real company of itself, and gaining market share. And I don't just mean with these product updates - although this is a strong indication that Apple is committed to its apps and its hardware - that's nice to see. I must say I've enjoyed watching my stock value rise over the last week or so.

wsteineker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2001
Montgomery, AL
Hell, I just want iSync support for USB data cables and Motorola/Nokia phones. That doesn't seem like such an extravagant request when you think about it. :rolleyes:

wsteineker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2001
Montgomery, AL
Originally posted by BaghdadBob
Nokia 6360! (runs off to check his post count/ranking)
Heh. That's funny. Spam = bad. We all know Apple needs to include Nokia and Motorola support. Let's not go around naming off our phones.

P.S.-Motorola T720!

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Originally posted by jpolk
Please...

snooze

function

on

iCal

alerts...

puhleeeeeze!

:D

I never thought about it until now, but that's a great idea! The snooze feature should work with the iPod as well.

BaghdadBob

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
Gorgeous, WA
I concur, kemosabe. iCal has ways to go, although it has promise. I want it to be compatible with MS Exchange. Yes, snooze would be good.

You know what else would be cool? An events/to do menu ala Now Contacts or whatever that was.

Then I want the sporting bodies of the world to release their schedules in a "subscribable" fashion. That would be schweet.

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Re: Keynote, iSync and iCal Updates

Originally posted by Macrumors
RailHeadDesign indicates that updates to Keynote, iSync and iCal are lined up for minor updates by month's end.

Rumors of Keynote 1.0.2 and iSync 1.1 have leaked out over the past few weeks. ThinkSecret published a few more iSync update details today and also expects the release to arrive by the end of this month. Fewer details on iCal updates are available, though there have been indications that the iCal development team has seen some employee turnover in the recent past.
Yippee! More updates to download, install, and eat up hard drive space! :D

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
Re: Re: Keynote, iSync and iCal Updates

Originally posted by Billicus
Yippee! More updates to download, install, and eat up hard drive space! :D

hmmm, i don't think people really care about the size of software these days, i know i sure don't. i care about bloated software (itunes, iphoto :rolleyes: ) but that is not necessarily indicated by the size of the download.

it is media that takes up hard drive space and lots of it. video, audio, still pictures. there will always be a need for bigger harddrives with these things but the size of software is small. even big software like, i dunno, Office X :rolleyes:

i am in need of another large hard drive. when i got my first 80gig HD i thought it is was extroadinarily large but has since become dedicated to audio and still pictures. (still pictures only take up a light 10gig :cool: maybe i need a new digital camera? hehe )

EDIT: was i OT?

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
Budapest, Hungary
I seem to be using iCal less and less now. It doesn't seem that reliable. Especially with notifying me of events.

It's got a long way to go. It's like iChat, nice idea, but it's not quite there!

Love updates, can't get enough!

James.

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
I think almost everybody is screaming for iSync to support more phones. I can't find any reason why Apple don't want to. Therefore, I assume with the next update a lot more phones are supported (including my 7600)

macmax

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2002
caribbean
Originally posted by Mudbug
okay first things first
it's "I couldn't care less" - if you're gonna whine, do it right. ;)

Second -
is it just me, or do the rumors seem to have increased in number exponentially in the last month or so, and most have proved to be correct (iPod, iBooks, eMacs, FCP4, DVDP2, etc...). This could be the start of Apple making a real company of itself, and gaining market share. And I don't just mean with these product updates - although this is a strong indication that Apple is committed to its apps and its hardware - that's nice to see. I must say I've enjoyed watching my stock value rise over the last week or so.

i am sooooooo stupid i didn't buy aapl, argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.