Keynote, iTunes, and YouTube...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by katie0873, Nov 17, 2008.

1. katie0873 macrumors newbie

I am working on a video using Keynote. I went to upload the video onto YouTube - and I get an error message that reads that the video can not be played with the song inserted.

I am assuming it's possibly something to do with copyright (because it's a purchased song from iTunes) - but I wonder if there is a way to get past this so I can use the song I like, please?

Thank you!

~Katie

P.S. I am currently trying various options to see if I convert it to iDVD or GarageBand first - then back onto YouTube if it will eliminate the problem. I will update if I resolve the issue.

2. johto macrumors 6502

johto

Try exporting it first to a movie file on your desktop, then upload it to youtube "manually".
    When does the error message appear? if its really because the drm itunes music file, you need to find a program that "un-drm" that music file. You can then use that version in your movie without problems, converted to wav file for example...

3. katie0873 thread starter macrumors newbie

the error occurs during the upload process onto YouTube :-( Very sad.
    I am struggling with converting to a movie format -- a newbie at that... but will keep plugging away. If you have any tips on that issue too, please let me know. Right now, it appears to be converting to a Quicktime video. Not sure if that will work though.

4. katie0873 thread starter macrumors newbie

it happened when trying to convert both to YouTube and to Quicktime...

see attached pic of error message

Attached Files:

5. johto macrumors 6502

johto

Huh, i dont believe youtube has any "artificial intelligent" to detect a copyright song just by how it "sounds". It could be that if you are using it as a straight file from itunes, it contains some weird drm meta data. Try first convert your music file a standard non compressed .wav file. That should "clean" it from any weird stuff. Look in to a "un-drm" process with google. I cant tell you how to do it, because its "shady" stuff :)

There are other ways too, like for example i use recording programs that can record "anyting" your computer plays internally (system audio). With those programs, its easy to just record your playing song "live" to another non drm file. Bit perfect audio. Example"wiretap studio" (payware) ...

6. katie0873 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay... I am simply "exporting" to Quicktime now - and experiencing no problems so far (to convert to a .mov file). This seems to be the ticket.

:eek: