Keynote moving effects.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Soundburst, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Hey, there's a demo of moving affects in keynote involving a plane moving from certain points.

I know how to make this affect using one click and I know how to add points to its journey. My main question is how to get it to stop at each point with each click having other images pop up.

The affect i'm looking for is shown in the tutorial here ; " http://www.apple.com/iwork/keynote/ " at the very end of the "A to B animation" demo it shows basically what I need to do.

Can anybody help?

2. Soundburst thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think you've basically just to mess with the "Build order".

That seems to be it now. Though that slide in the link is way more complex than it looks.

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

That feature isn't where you'd think it would be (under animations - build in). It's actually under the animations - action inspector. Choose an object, choose the build inspector, choose the action "tab" and select "move". From there you can specify the path.

4. Mitou macrumors regular

In this particular demo it seems like the plane pause long enough to allow the two photos to display. the moving action was interrupted by a new build (the photos appearing) then the plane second action took effect. you can state the delay for the next action if you want.
    Hope this helps

5. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Just to elaborate a bit:

The easiest thing would be to plan out your object's move completely first, so you have all of those builds in place, with the "on click" start already programmed in. As mentioned, this action is under the "action" tab in the animation inspector.

Next, plan your items that will appear at the moving objects first "stop" Choose whatever Build In options you want, and then drag that animation so that it appears just BELOW the first move step (if the first move is Step #1, the first appear will be Step #2). Then under "Start Build" select "Automatically after build 1) and choose whatever time delay you'd like. If you have other images you want to appear with the first one, make them appear just after the first appearing item and have them start their build "Automatically with build 2" (assuming you want them to appear together). Then repeat for each move step.

I don't know if this makes any sense or not. I did a really quick build with one object making three moves with other objects appearing after each move (two objects after move 1, one after move 2, and three after move 3). The moving object moves on each click and then the others appear automatically after each move. Then there is a pause until the next mouse click.

Attached Files: