Keynote/ PowerPoint presentation?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by diablodaz, Jan 31, 2010.

1. diablodaz macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have an interview where I have to do a five minute presentation on me and was thinking about going the keynote route, but from what i've read the only way to do that would be to take my macbookpro along and hook it up due to no keynote player. What would you guys recommend? Keynote or Powerpoint? or are there alternative routes that I am not aware off.

Kind Regards

Darren

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

How elaborate will it be?
    Transitions?

You could do it in Keynote and make it a .pdf

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Where will you be presenting?

If it is in a board room type environment, they may not want you to connect your laptop to their projection system. Instead they may want you to bring your presentation on a USB thumb drive.

As mentioned above, PDF is a good alternative that almost any computer set up can view. However, if you need/want transitions, this won't be a viable solution.

Is knowing how to use PowerPoint any part of the job requirements? If so, they may be wanting to see how you present yourself with PowerPoint.

Would you be able to do a deskside briefing style? If so, then you can use Keynote or PowerPoint since it is on your computer.

Just some food for thought.

4. diablodaz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick replys guys!

Well the presentation is to introduce yourself and it can be' as imaginative and creative as you wish' also they said to ask for any specific resources in advance.

So I will prob wak in some travelling pics, mixed with some skydive n bungee jump vids. I don't think i'll wak any music or audio as i'll be talking whilst controlling the presentation.

I presume it would be in an office environment, I think if it is too much of a hassle then I will just do the .pdf on a usb stick with no vids, just pics.

Good idea with the PowerPoint requirement, its an IT analyst placement more computer systems security side of things. I think I may contact them to ask for more details on the environment etc.

Daz

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think that is a great idea and a first step

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree. Sounds like a great way to start the process.

You may find out that they want you to e-mail your presentation which could limit it's size. Or that they want it on a CD.

From what I understand, it looks like Keynote is not an option.