Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pMad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
I'm running 10.9.5.
I'd like to purchase Keynote.
The current version from the app store requires 10.10
I don't want to update to 10.10 because of other software issues.

So, is there a way to get a version of Keynote that works on 10.9.5

Thanks

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
Do not quote me on this, but if I remember correctly, if you download an app that is incompatible on your OS but had a version that was, then it would download the latest version compatible with your system. I believe that is the case, but I'm pretty sure though that you can't purchase an application if the latest version is incompatible.

Of course, I might be wrong in one or more of these things. If you'd like, you could tell us what software issues you are talking about regarding 10.10, and we might help you upgrading if possible.

pMad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Do not quote me on this, but if I remember correctly, if you download an app that is incompatible on your OS but had a version that was, then it would download the latest version compatible with your system. I believe that is the case, but I'm pretty sure though that you can't purchase an application if the latest version is incompatible.

Of course, I might be wrong in one or more of these things. If you'd like, you could tell us what software issues you are talking about regarding 10.10, and we might help you upgrading if possible.

Your memory is correct.
Had I purchased it in the past, I could download an older version but I can't make a first time purchase of an older version.

As to the update:
I'm running an early 2008 iMac.
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB
I know Apple says they're comparable, but I'm not certain how it affects performance.

More importantly, I have lots of files for Microsoft Publisher and Corel Paint Shop Pro so I would have to update Parallels BEFORE I update to El Capitan.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Your memory is correct.
Had I purchased it in the past, I could download an older version but I can't make a first time purchase of an older version.

As to the update:
I'm running an early 2008 iMac.
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB
I know Apple says they're comparable, but I'm not certain how it affects performance.

More importantly, I have lots of files for Microsoft Publisher and Corel Paint Shop Pro so I would have to update Parallels BEFORE I update to El Capitan.

Your best bet is to start converting all those files. Can Publisher export to a different file format? Same question for Corel. You version problem will only get worse over time if you don't start replacing the older programs that can't run on the new OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.