Keynote Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lsilverman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. lsilverman macrumors newbie

Hi. I am not sure if this is the right forum, but....

I attempted to show a keynote presentation yesterday and when it went through the LCD projector, it showed the presentation on the left in a small screen and elapsed time on the right. Also, when the projector showed my laptop screen, it did not show the real desk top, it showed way off to the side. Can anyone help me get it back to normal?

Thanks

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

When you connected the projector it was set as the secondary display instead of the primary.

To correct this, and make the projector the primary and the laptop secondary, connect the projector, go into System Preferences >> Displays

Then under the Arrangement tab you'll see a picture of both displays side by side. Move the little white bar to the top of the other display by clicking and dragging it.

this should make it the Primary and the other the secondary, and reverse where you saw everything.

The timer was for your eyes only, to help you time your presentation, and stay on topic.

It's really a great tool. I've found for most presentations that about 2 minutes per slide is a good pace, as long as you aren't completely stuffing the slides with info.

Hope it helps,

3. lsilverman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. The elapsed time was showing on the screen for the class to see. I will try this tomorrow when I am connected to a projector.