Keynote Reaction Poll

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mags631, Jun 11, 2007.

?

WWDC Keynote Leopard Reaction

1. Great -- I'm buying it!

35 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Meh -- Might as well.

25 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Nope -- I expected more.

15 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Installing Vista now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mags631 Guest

Interested in MR users' reaction to the Keynote, especially now that we have a recorded stream to watch.

I have a much more positive view of the Keynote now that I watched it (after having read it using the MR Live stream.)

I plan to upgrade immediately after it is available. You?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Same feelings here, definitely a lot more positive about Leopard.

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Where's the poll?

Well anyway, I didn't care much for the keynote. I thought the first couple of features were nice and useful and the committment from EA to make games was good but otherwise it was a dismal keynote.

I was hoping for a hardware update, or even a slight "WORD" about the hardware. He was all about the software today, I hope for a Mac Pro update tommorow or else I am pulling the trigger.

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

5. Caezar macrumors 6502

I will buy a new Macbook Pro immediately after Leopard and the new version of iWork and iLife are released (early 2008?).

But I can't say I was very excited by yesterday's keynote. I found the secret features a bit disappointing.

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I liked it alot. Course i really wasn't expecting any more than iphone/leopard info. leopard is purty. iphone is still the iphone.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've always said i would buy leopard right away, and that hasn't changed. i'm actually a bit more excited about it now. the only thing we didn't hear anything about that disappointed me was the lack of anything about ZFS.

8. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

I can't wait to buy Leopard. Leopard is definetly going to be worth the money.

9. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I'm pretty happy with a bug free Tiger. I'll watch all the whining in MR about some program crashing and some other programs not working properly for quite a few months, even a year... before I buy. Don't have as much confidence in Apple new releases as I used to, they are rushing things out there that aren't completely ready yet.:cool:
    (plus it'll be at least a year before I upgrade my hardware.):p

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I like it a lot. It is pretty much everything I was hoping for and more. Appearantly I do not have very high standards :p

11. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

beautiful OS both for function and aesthetics.

12. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

It comes out, just as I plan to buy my first Mac; can't wait!!

Cheers

13. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm happy with it and I'll be buying it when it comes out. I'm not really excited but it does have some great features. I'm just worried the finder is now kinda clunky.

14. RamenBooko macrumors member

Ya, if it stays within the same pricing as the previous Mac OS X, I will most definitely buy it.

Plus, it looks so crisp and clean and looks like an actual good improvement. Not like Vista where it was some random things that made it look nicer.

Leapord's improvements are things I've either wanted or see myself using for sure.

15. Alloye macrumors 6502a

There's a lot more to Leopard than the surface features demoed during the keynote. Those who were expecting more should look a little deeper.

16. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Steve has already confirmed that Home, Business, and Ultimate versions will retail for $129.

17. yagran macrumors 6502a

gna wait to try it out when i get hold of my developer copy first! i will have my first play tommorow i guess, and ill post as many pics as everyone wants then.

18. MacVault macrumors 65816

Very Disappointed in Leopard!

I'm very disappointed. Where are the "Top Secret" features? What warranted Apple hyping Leopard and delaying it all this time? Dashboard? BootCamp? QuickLook? A new Finder that really doesn't look all that new? A new Desktop witha reflecting trapezoidal Dock thingy? WTF?! :mad:

Oh yea.. and no ZFS? WTF?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

yeah please post images etc i would like to know what people think about it

20. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

It looks great and all, I guess that because of all the talk of "secret features" I was really expecting more. I'm not even sure what those features could have reasonably been.

But I'll still buy it as soon as it comes out.