keynote remote

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fleeper, Jan 3, 2012.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

is there any way to control keynote remotely on my MBA? I have tried using the keynote remote app via my iphone 4; I cannot get the two to connect via bluetooth or wifi. I am not sure that the issue is but this is a nogo. My MBA is the 2010 version and it is my understanding that the standard Apple remote will NOt control the keynote presentation.

Does anyone have any viable options or a good workaround? Thanks.

2. anirudh macrumors 6502

3. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I will look into that.

It just irks me that the Keynote app on my iphone is not working correctly since the ios 5 update. An apple app for an apple product that does not work.

4. anirudh macrumors 6502

Even though I don't do presentations, I sorely miss the Apple Remote functionality of controlling Front Row :( Now I have to GET UP and WALK to my Air connected to my LCD :eek: Wasn't technology supposed to make us just lie on the couch and stare at the screens meaninglessly for hours :p

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's called an Apple TV2

6. anirudh macrumors 6502

Actually in my case its called 'not buying things you don't need' :D All I do is download *cough* torrent *cough* movies and play it on my LCD, and occasionally play music.. The apple remote was perfect for that.. Even its design language mimics the air