Keynote: Smash word effect

TonyBaloney

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Katy, TX
I was wanting to know how to do the effect where one word drops in and smashes another word. Ive seen it in a couple of demonstrations but dont know how. thanks

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
I don't recall that text animation available in the public version of Keynote '09. I know what you mean, but I believe it's only available to Apple for their presentations.

TonyBaloney

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Katy, TX
oh really? that sucks. anyway well do you know to animate a single word in a text box as opposed to the entire contents of the box?

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
oh really? that sucks. anyway well do you know to animate a single word in a text box as opposed to the entire contents of the box?
It's a Build-In Action, so in Keynote's Inspector, select the third box, and choose the Build In tab. Once you select the text box, you can add effects to it.

UPDATE: Had to re-read your question, and sorry to say, I don't think it can be done with a single word. Hope my above tip helps anyway! :D

Attachments

TonyBaloney

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Katy, TX
No I meant one word within the text box like say the box said "I like macs." How would I animate the word "macs" while leaving the rest the same?

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
No I meant one word within the text box like say the box said "I like macs." How would I animate the word "macs" while leaving the rest the same?
Yes, I understand what you mean. Unfortunately, I do not believe that is possible with the current version of Keynote.