Keynote: Smash word effect

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TonyBaloney, Jul 26, 2010.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

I was wanting to know how to do the effect where one word drops in and smashes another word. Ive seen it in a couple of demonstrations but dont know how. thanks

2. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

I don't recall that text animation available in the public version of Keynote '09. I know what you mean, but I believe it's only available to Apple for their presentations.

3. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

oh really? that sucks. anyway well do you know to animate a single word in a text box as opposed to the entire contents of the box?

4. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

It's a Build-In Action, so in Keynote's Inspector, select the third box, and choose the Build In tab. Once you select the text box, you can add effects to it.

UPDATE: Had to re-read your question, and sorry to say, I don't think it can be done with a single word. Hope my above tip helps anyway! :D

Attached Files:

5. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

No I meant one word within the text box like say the box said "I like macs." How would I animate the word "macs" while leaving the rest the same?

6. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

Yes, I understand what you mean. Unfortunately, I do not believe that is possible with the current version of Keynote.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It'll be in iWork '11
    Steve always uses versions of KeyNote that haven't been released to the public. We always get the features that he uses in the next iWork release.