Keynote/Snow Leopard PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bennifer3000, Aug 31, 2009.

1. bennifer3000 macrumors regular

After I upgraded to Snow Leopard, when opening powerpoint files (PPT) in Keynote,
    the program will load 30% (in the progress bar) then Keynote will be non responsive and I will have to force quit the program.

Never had any problems with Keynote before but I use it quite a bit for presentations so you can see the obvious issues here.

Any help would be appreciated.

-bennifer3000

2. sonny01 macrumors newbie

Snow Leopard and Keynote

Something bad has happened to keynote when running in snow leopard, it runns really slow and keeps quitting unexpectedly anybody got any news on this ?

also can i revert my mac back to leopard from snow leopard as i need keynote to run properly or will it do the whole windows thing and say something about this software can't be upgraded as its older etc etc

3. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

4. bennifer3000 thread starter macrumors regular

My files are PPT not PPTX.

I've had similar experiences as Sonny01. It's slow and locks up quite a bit.
    Even Pages froze when I tried to open a document that I had a saved/created earlier in the day.

5. djellison macrumors 68020

Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

I did a clean install of SL, followed by a new install of Keynote, and it is fine.

6. bennifer3000 thread starter macrumors regular

Upgrade.

I was thinking about re-installing iLife but I'm not sure I have my serials. They're actually my friends and he let me use his license.

7. bennifer3000 thread starter macrumors regular

I re-installed iLife and voila. Problem solved. Awesome. :D

8. pork chops macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with both Pages and Keynote. I couldn't see the images! I tried reinstalling iWork (by the way, not iLife) but still had the same problems. I snooped around the net and found these two updates:

For Pages:
    http://support.apple.com/downloads/Pages_08_3_0_3

For Keynote:
    http://support.apple.com/downloads/Keynote_08_4_0_4

I checked my versions of the two apps and and they were a bit behind. Apparently, these updates never made it to Software Update!

After I installed them, everything worked fine. Good luck!