Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpikeJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
Chicago, IL
I am currently running the most recent version of the Mavericks Developer preview. After the most recent update, I got prompted by the app store to download an update for Keynote 5.3 from December of last year. This never appeared there before, and I already have 5.3 according to the "about" section of the app itself. You can view what I am referring to in the attached screen caps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 3.10.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 3.10.10 PM.png
    60 KB · Views: 218
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 3.10.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 3.10.04 PM.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 198

andg5thou

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
experiencing the same issue, haven't found a solution yet. will post if i find something.

ylrd

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Europe
Reporting it to Apple or NOT using an unfinished OS aimed to developers might help :)

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
The other day i got a keynote update, downloaded everything but it error out on install :eek: for some reason it say my app was not valid for my account (i never bought iwork on the app store) but yesterday i noticed everything installed with no problem and now keynote shows on the appstore as "installed", pages and numbers still just display the price.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I am currently running the most recent version of the Mavericks Developer preview. After the most recent update, I got prompted by the app store to download an update for Keynote 5.3 from December of last year. This never appeared there before, and I already have 5.3 according to the "about" section of the app itself. You can view what I am referring to in the attached screen caps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike

Since you are using a Developer preview of an OS that hasn't been released yet to the public perhaps it is a bug in the build that you have. I would either report it to Apple and / or use an OS that is in a finished state, such as the current OS, as was suggested earlier.

Why is it that I am not a developer yet I understand that beta or preview software may not behave correctly. Makes me wonder about any software that this developer is developing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.