keynote with two computers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidcalvet, Apr 10, 2009.

1. davidcalvet macrumors member

Hello,
    I have to make a keynote presentation, but I can not use a big screen, so I decided to use two macbooks.
    One will be a white macbook, and another a unibody macbook'15.
    How can I connect the two ?
    If it's not posbile I have also the posibility of using two unybody macbook (on 13 and one 15).
    Any suggestions.
    thank you very much

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Screen document sharing via ichat should do it.

You might need to set the presentation to the display pixel size of the viewing machine.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I hope you're not thinking of having one side of the presentation on one computer and the other side on the other so as to have the two screens function as one big display. I don't think that will work.

4. davidcalvet thread starter macrumors member

no no

No, I was just thinking to have the two displays showing the same thing.
    Having one with the keynote presentation running and the other screen (macbook) just showing the same thing.

I will try the ichat settings ...

5. davidcalvet thread starter macrumors member

thank you

So it means that I need internet conexion also.
    Can i do it with a time capsule (the air borne express part) without been conected to internet ? Can i connect two computers without been conected to internet ?

thank you

6. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Screen Recycler may also work for you. You can connect the two computers with an ethernet cable to establish a network between the two machines (create a separate Location for them, or make sure you save the current internet setup somewhere so you can revert back).