keynotes and adding audio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xtn, Apr 30, 2007.

1. xtn macrumors regular

hey guys,

i am trying to add multiple audio tracks to my keynote presentation, but i want them to play over multiple consecutive slides. for example: i have a couple introduction slides that i play a song with and the song plays during both, but during some slides later on i talk about a particular music piece for a few different slides. they way i have it laid out i would like the second song to play for multiple slides (without starting over) as well. how can i do this? is there any way to export the presentation to imovie and create a soundtrack to go along with it?

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

In your case, I would actually export the slideshow as a quicktime movie, and add the audio in imovie. You'll need QT pro, which is only $20.

3. xtn thread starter macrumors regular

why would i need QT pro if i'm editing it in imovie?

4. Angrist macrumors 6502

You could make those multiple slides into ONE slide with a whole ton of build transitions.

It's kinda an ugly hack, but it should work.

5. xtn thread starter macrumors regular

i was thinking about that...but i was hoping i could drag separate audio into the inspector, but it looks like it only holds one in there.

thanks for the suggestions though! i may have to resort to very congested slides and transitions.