Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nc016163

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Hi all,

Just got home with my first EVER mac... just shelled out nearly $2000 in the apple store today, get home and if I hit the E key in the top left corner, (as I may sometimes do) it pings up and hinges so you can just pull it off.... has this happened to anyone else? I am gutted, is the build quality really this shoddy?

I have spent ages transferring my files etc to it, but will now have to take it back, if I update my time machine first will I be able to restore from that to the new one they give me?

Many thanks

alisiddiq

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Hi all,

Just got home with my first EVER mac... just shelled out nearly $2000 in the apple store today, get home and if I hit the E key in the top left corner, (as I may sometimes do) it pings up and hinges so you can just pull it off.... has this happened to anyone else? I am gutted, is the build quality really this shoddy?

I have spent ages transferring my files etc to it, but will now have to take it back, if I update my time machine first will I be able to restore from that to the new one they give me?

Many thanks

Some other user had the same issue. expect a lot of fanboys calling u a liar and TAKE PHOTOS just in case you need to prove urself in this forum filled with people who blindly love the company.

sydenham

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2010
Some other user had the same issue. expect a lot of fanboys calling u a liar and TAKE PHOTOS just in case you need to prove urself in this forum filled with people who blindly love the company.

No only you, claiming that you had dirt caked on your keys among some other far fetched claims.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.