Keys contacting screen when closed - 2011 MP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tonezorz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Tonezorz macrumors member

Anyone had the issue of their keys touching the screen? Seems like every laptop I buy, two Dells and an HP, have had this issue. On my new MBP it's only very slight, and possibly only a couple keys somewhere around the S D X C range, but it's still frustrating. The only laptop I've owned that didn't have this issue was an ASUS netbook.

Otherwise, my MBP is in flawless condition and working order. I'd hate to drive the 2.5 hours to the nearest Apple store just to swap it for this.

Will they cover it sometime down the line if the marks become and issue?

2. dnenciu macrumors member

Do you carry your mbp in a bag with other books or in anyway put presure on the lid? I had the same issue and scratched a glossy mbp when I took it on a trip in a backpack and there were items pressing against it just slightly.

3. a.y.n macrumors regular

a.y.n

I highly recommend the RadTech ScreenSaverz for your MBP. I've bought 3 of them for various laptops.

4. Shambles macrumors regular

Just use the bit of foam that comes under the screen when you buy it. :cool:

5. iZero macrumors regular

+1. Great product!

6. Tonezorz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input! I like the RadTech deal, so I'll be picking one up. Thankfully they aren't priced like most Apple related accessories. ;)