Keys in the Pocket

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jest, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Jest macrumors newbie

Hey friends, I just ordered one of those new iPod Touches. Here's the deal:

I carry Car Keys & a generic Flip Phone in my pockets at all time. I plan on taking that iPod Touch with me all the time. Now I've seen there are cases, ad protective film to buy for the touch. My Question:

Will those keys or that phone damage my iPod touch? Do I need to buy some protection film?

btw: I checked out that iPod Touch Scratch Test video, but it seems unbelievable to me.

Thanks in advanced.

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

I would be buying a protective film for sure for it, although I am overly paranoid about the fingerprints/scratches. But if you know keys are gonna be around them, definitely get some protection

3. NothingShocking macrumors newbie

Put keys in other pocket.

But they do make cases that cover the whole thing. Get one to be safe.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I have no scratches on the glass but a ton of scratches on the metal backside.

6. sgtboy macrumors 6502

7. Jest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much guys, I'll look into some full cover cases and/or protective film. Does anyone happen to recommend a case or film? I read through the headlines today and it seems that Belkin updated their accessories.

8. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

At the Apple store today they had nothing which fit the 2nd gen (remember there are volume buttons to consider now), but was told that there should be some by the end of next week.

If experience has taught me anything, it's that the film is a great protector but not completely impervious to scratching from something like keys. The 5.5 G vidoe iPod I own still has the first film protector on it, albeit with a few scratches on the film only. Underneath, it is pristine.

Give it another week or two, the cases and covers will begin to show up.

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Yup, the back will scratch if you even just look at wrong. ;)

Also, the bevel is pretty east to scratch, as well. I just use a film set on mine, but I'm pretty careful with it. My iPhone I'm not careful with at all, but it's got a full-body film (Bodyguardz) ...