Key's need to be pushed slightly hard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -Josh-, Dec 16, 2007.

1. -Josh- macrumors regular

Hey everyone
    I've noticed some of my keys need to be pressed, well. A lot of my keys allow me to glide across the keyboard without any solid pressing. But when I press Capslock, I need to press it "well". Not hard, but well. The only reason I am nervous is I had silt a little water on my keyboard. I didn't turn it off, I just immediately turned it upside down and whipped off the water. It wasn't much, and hasn't appeared to damage anything.

Thoughts?

2. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

Spilt liquids can cause keys to become sticky and harder to press, though "cleaning" around the key with pin can sometimes make it respond as normal again.

Be thankful you got to it quickly, I've killed many a keyboard with spilt liquids, though in my case it's usually Guinness!

3. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

If this is one of the new aluminum keyboards, the caps lock is meant to have a slight delay to stop people from activating it by accident.

4. -Josh- thread starter macrumors regular

That's genius!
    Accept..
    I have a SR macbook, not pro.

?

Josh

5. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Well, I assume that Apple added this feature to the SR MacBook too, as they came out after the aluminum Apple keyboard.

6. armd.franco macrumors member

armd.franco

now that i see this post im starting to think it's normal, my MB does the same thing (it's also a SR MB), i think it's the delay thing the new keyboards have like they said above, i was starting to think my keyboard was faulty :p

7. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

It is definitely normal. Here is the official Apple page on it.