@ " keys swapped in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by russellelly, Apr 19, 2007.

1. russellelly macrumors regular

I'm sure this is covered somewhere but searches here and on the Parallels forum and Google aren't providing anythng useful.

basically in both Windows XP under Boot Camp and Parallels the @ and " keys are reversed. I'm using an Apple BlueTooth keyboard and have tried the languages of English (United Kingdom) and English (United States) in WinXP. Parallels Tools is installed.

Any ideas?

2. Butters macrumors 6502

Any ideas on what? you've just stated some facts :confused:
    the easy way to get round it is to ignore what your keyboard says and press @ for " and " for @ in windows

3. russellelly thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, any ideas on a workaround (other than that one!). Just wondered if there was a patch or something that I should download. I'm forever forgetting and having to go back and fix things.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I assume you live in the UK too! You should probably be using English US for your Apple keyboard as the @ and " are in the same positions on UK Apple keyboards as on PC US ones, if that doesn't work I am puzzled as every time I use a PC with English US as the keyboard layout the buttons seem to work as on a UK Mac keyboard...

5. russellelly thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, I am indeed in the UK. Changed the langage to English US and everything is working - I couldv'e sworn it didn't earlier. :confused:

Anyway, solved now, thanks a lot :)