Kick Apple's ass..nay, nay

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ronweathers, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ronweathers macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7E18)

That's right! I said it. I don't condone any form of animal abuse. Just because they abuse their MP base by sharing nary-a-peep concerning what's up, down, nor sideways with the MP line, but heaven forbid they miss an opportunity not to drone on and on about their toy line. Buck up Jobs and share some official words regarding plans for the MP line. That's right! I said again!

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Why don't you email him. He seems to reply to an abnormal amount of email these days.

3. ronweathers thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7E18)

The point is that this type of info is plentiful on their itoys, but frustratingly and disdainfully absent on the MP line. Customers shouldn't have to petition any company for this type of info. ... Apple, and any other company for that matter has an obligation to keep customers updated in a timely manner.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You don't seriously believe that, do you? :rolleyes:

No company has any such "obligation", period. They'll tell the market what they want, when they want with regards to product development. It's a business, not a marriage.

5. ronweathers thread starter macrumors member

I do believe it. Success, these days, for the vast majority of companies comes at the price of keeping customers satisfied and a big part of this is driven by effective communications. Apple is riding the dream wave and they know it. Resource constraints, at least In the area of customer communications, should not be an issue. A simple update on the MP line is not an unreasonable expectation. Period.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

If the way a company handles their business bothers you, don't purchase the products. It's that simple.

I have my own objections regarding Apple, and I don;t purchase those products.

for example, you mentioned the MP, other things about the MP really get on my nerves, so when I upgrade it'll be a hackintosh. Simple.

7. lemonade-maker macrumors 6502

lemonade-maker

The communication you expect has nothing to do with a company's success. Apple and most other companies have been very successful giving out no info until the time is right. When the product you desire is available, you will know. There are many reasons to not divulge info too early. You have the choice to accept it or not. Nobody likes whiners.

8. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

There is zero advantage to preannouncing their plans. That only gives the competition time to rush something similar to market first.

9. ronweathers thread starter macrumors member

No one is whining here, least of all me. Your attempt to define this dialog as such is a weak attempt to discredit such comments rather than engage in a meaningful discussion.

10. Halamolo macrumors regular

Nobody likes whiners who whine about whining. :p

11. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

Apple has NEVER said when they were going to release a new hardware product, EVEN in their "toy line", as you call it. So I don't know why you're expecting them to now.

12. lemonade-maker macrumors 6502

lemonade-maker

Then don't do it.

13. vonMarion macrumors newbie

For the most part, Apple's method of not announcing a new product until the day or week it is released is a very good one, as it prevents a current drop in sales as consumers wait until the new product is out.

This method works exceptionally well for convenience products like the ipad and iPhone, however with a product like the Mac Pro, given it's current situation, people are expecting an update (for whatever reason) and have been holding off even without any word from Apple. The Mac Pro's sales have been dismal from what I'm aware.

At least with these machines, which people and businesses rely on for work and productivity, if Apple announced that they planned on updating the Mac Pro somewhere around September, businesses could make a formal decision that it would be better to buy the current model than waste productivity waiting for 3 more months.

14. PeterQVenkman macrumors 68020

I'd love to see how he responds to someone telling him how ridiculously overpriced the MacPro Quad is.

15. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

If there was any real competition to the MP, a great deal of us would have already jumped. Aside from a hackintosh, which isn't an option in my opinion, there is no competition. The competition is with OSX vs Windows. The rest of it is moot. So pre-announcing a new MP would actually help keep people focused on OSX which keeps people buying Apple computers.

16. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Again, if you read through these threads, more people than not are NOT considering buying an overpriced outdated 2009 model, but waiting , so your point isn't really valid. yes some people will buy, but if you follow Mac news at all and are the least bit savvy, well . . .

(I'm starting to sound a little bitter, :eek: that's because I am!)

So did you guys see Steve Jobs response to that "Mac is dead column Newsweek"?

Jobs emailed: "Completely wrong. Just wait."

yes, wait we know, But how long?????

17. you39 macrumors regular

That's assuming a market that is otherwise not expecting the product at all. This product is on a more or less regular update cycle. One that is tied to the update cycle of it's components. Had I known in February that there was no new MP still on June 11th I NEVER would have waited. It's the possibility of a much better price-performance ratio the very next tuesday that keeps people from buying.

18. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

In other words, you don't understand the market at all.

19. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

What kind of idiotic, moronic business would hold off working for a new computer? That's not business, it's hobby.

20. jjahshik32 macrumors 603