kick ass mac sticker

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by compudude86, May 4, 2007.

1. compudude86 macrumors newbie

compudude86

now, im not asking anyone to buy this, im putting it up just for laughs and comments:

:apple: :apple: :apple: http://www.cafepress.com/joesgeek.130260321 :apple: :apple: :apple:

its a bumper sticker i designed, it should show l33t-ness from a mile away! lol

tell me what you all think!!

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I want one!!!

I remember my first time.. I was at my friend's house while she was on vacation. Oh, iMac G4...

3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I hate to burst your bubble, but I can only assume selling things featuring Apple's copyrighted materials is a tad on the illegal side.

4. compudude86 thread starter macrumors newbie

compudude86

5. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

That's true, you might be a big doo doo if your caught with one of em driving down the road..

6. compudude86 thread starter macrumors newbie

compudude86

lol, my first was a power macintosh 5400...... thats a sweet machine. it was all in one before imacs made all in one cool lol

7. compudude86 thread starter macrumors newbie

compudude86

lol, i can imagine the cop pulling me over " 'scuse me sir, that wouldnt happen to be one of them there, counterfeit, apple items would it? looks kinda counterfeit from here"

idk, i see people all over illinois with different color vinyl apple stickers clearly ordered off ebay (i know apple doesnt make theirs in holographic gold)

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I remember all the details from the first time -- you never forget! :)

Oh, wait, you are talking about the first time with a Mac.

Then that would be an original Mac! :D

9. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The two-tone Mac face is one I kind of associate with the days when Apple products weren't as their best. The Mac-shaped happy Mac, in color if you like, would produce more warm fuzzy feelings.
    The buyer is in generally better shape here, since the trademarks aren't being used for trade at that point.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

Cafepress don't seem to care about trademarks or copyright.

11. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I doubt apple cares to much about shirts and bumper stickers that promote the brand...

12. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

Exactly- it's hardly detrimental to the brand. In fact, it is free marketing, so they won't sue.

13. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

the fact that others are in violation doesn't make any difference, that's not really a good argument.

However, in reality, I doubt apple would even go to the trouble to do anything. At most, all they would do is issue a cease and desist letter. It's not like they would ask for any money you made.

I once knew someone that had some Simpsons characters on his website, and Fox emailed him, telling him to remove them or the wrath of god (or ruppert murdock in their world) would be brought to bear.

14. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

If he turns a profit from it, they will care. but their level of care is directly proportional to his profit. :)

Take it to the extreme... if he makes a million bucks from that sticker, then apple will <fill in the blank>.

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Let me fix that last part for you.