iPad Pro Kickstand case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TheColtr, Jan 2, 2016.

1. TheColtr macrumors regular

I am on the quest to have my iPP replace my Mac, to do this though I need a kickstand for when my device isn't on the keyboard. I know UAG has a decent kickstand case, however it looks a little bulky. I'm not looking for protection as my devices are kept safe. A slim kickstand case that I can keep on when using my smart keyboard would be amazing.

2. pudcraft macrumors regular

I have the UAG case and it's really not that bulky. I like that the kickstand is metallic which provides great support. That being said, I got it for 50% off from Best Buy because they goofed my purchase badly. I would struggle paying full price for it. The biggest perk is it has a pencil holder.

Seriously, can't believe Apple didn't consider doing jack **** to hold the pencil somewhere.

3. dyn macrumors 68030

Probably because no one has ever thought of putting the pen/pencil somewhere other than it's own sleeve/pouch. You know, back in the ol' days where we used ordinary pens, pencils and paper. Now we have stick on pen loops for all those notebooks (which means 99.99999999% of them) that don't come with any means of storing a pen/pencil. Some people here use one of those for the Apple Pencil (which you really need to treat like a digital version of the ordinary pencil we've known for decades, centuries even).

And what about those who are not going to be using the Apple Pencil? Should they be stuck with some pen loop they'll never use and gets in their way?

4. gadgets1990 macrumors newbie

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I added a pen clip to my Pencil and often keep it in my shirt pocket.
    I've also found that the Microsoft Surface Pen Loop (sacrilege!!) fits the Apple Pencil perfectly. Added one to the top of my Smart Cover. $5.