OS X Kickstarter for the Pantheon (McQuaid mmo)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dahkot, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Dahkot macrumors member

2. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I hope it turns out well and plays similarly to the original EverQuest. That would be great.

3. Solomani, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Brad McQaid was the legendary lead developer of Everquest 1. Lots of gurus of MMO development here. I'll be adding this to my Watch List.

P.S. and since OSX support is already planned in initial development, this gets preferential consideration (and funding and support) from me instead of something like EQNext.

4. Bear macrumors G3

I think decent OS X support is actually critical
    for an MMO to make it big. I know of several mixed (Windows PC + Mac) households that wouldn't have gotten into World of Warcraft at all if there hadn't been an OS X version. And of course there are any number of Mac only households that play WOW.

5. Dahkot thread starter macrumors member

Some different Tiers got added to the KS today , and should be a few more soon.

Just figured others might like to know about it that prefer old EQ style gameplay with obviously some modern twists.

The 45.00 tier that gets you into alpha is a low priced one for alpha access.

6. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

The KS mentions nothing about how this game will be priced? Free to play? Subscription model? IAP rip-off scheme? I looked at the KS website, and it mentions nothing about this. I'd really like to know before I throw some money as a backer.

7. Bear macrumors G3

A rather good question. The only email address I found was for Brad McQuaid - aradune@hotmail.com. He's the Chief Creative Officer at Visionary Realms and is also one of the Producers of Pantheon.

8. Dahkot thread starter macrumors member

The video explains a good bit , more details will come out as it goes along the KS.

It's definitely sub based , initial low levels F2P then to continue requires a sub.

9. Kasalic macrumors regular

Very wary of this after what happened with Vanguard Saga of Heroes, so whilst I wish him well, in the words of the Dragon's 'I'm out'.