Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quiltmom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
I am trying to find a program for an 8 year old girl that loves to write stories. I thought KidPix 3D was the right program, but now I am worried that she is too old for it. Would like to hear from others with kids that age. And if this isn't the right program, can you suggest something that I can find before Christmas?

Thanks!!!!

I am trying to find a program for an 8 year old girl that loves to write stories. I thought KidPix 3D was the right program, but now I am worried that she is too old for it. Would like to hear from others with kids that age. And if this isn't the right program, can you suggest something that I can find before Christmas?

Thanks!!!!

I guess it is a mater of opinion. I got a copy when I was 6, and I outgrew it pretty fast. But on the other hand, my 8th grade teacher has it set up on the computer in the classroom corner, and some people seem to love it, even at age 14.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by writing stories, since kidpix is for images. If she is just writing, maybe word of pages would work (you can drag in illustrations). Otherwise, you could get an image program, such as skitch or paintbrush. Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.