Kids case for new ipads?

fish09276

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Amazon still has no kids cases for the 2018 new ipads. Anyone know where I can possibly buy? For the new 12.9. Thanks

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
I imagine it is going to be difficult to make these, unless they just disregard the pencil charging area. Don't see how they can keep that and still be kid proof. As it is a new size, it is probably going to be a while until they can design cases for the new size.

Mabus51

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Might have to wait a bit longer. The iPads just launched and a lot of early 3rd party cases released aren’t compatible with the pencil. Many manufacturers base their case designs on leaks & rumors to be the first launched, so you end up with senarios such as this. Give it more time there will be more options available in the coming months.

fish09276

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Devils advocate, but why does a kid need an iPad Pro? You’d be far better off just $329 iPad which there are hundreds of cases readily available for.
My 9 yr old grandson uses for Fortnight. The bigger screen is much more fun. And I can afford the monthly payments.
[doublepost=1542211315][/doublepost]
Might have to wait a bit longer. The iPads just launched and a lot of early 3rd party cases released aren’t compatible with the pencil. Many manufacturers base their case designs on leaks & rumors to be the first launched, so you end up with senarios such as this. Give it more time there will be more options available in the coming months.
Ipad and iphone accessories usually start populating on Amazon seconds after they're announced. There has GOT to be an enterprising Chinese manufacturer who wants to be the first to offer. Those few folios are way too flimsy. The pencil opening could easily be overcome. Where's the creativity.

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
Ipad and iphone accessories usually start populating on Amazon seconds after they're announced. There has GOT to be an enterprising Chinese manufacturer who wants to be the first to offer. Those few folios are way too flimsy. The pencil opening could easily be overcome. Where's the creativity.
Not really that easy. Most kids cases look like this.

Going to be extremely difficult to make a kids case that leaves almost the entire side exposed to have room for the pencil.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
Yikes. I wouldn’t be buying a kid one of the new ipad pros. The 2018 regular ipad? Yes...But Not one of the new pros tho. No way. You could wrap that thing in bubble wrap, and you’d still be asking for trouble.

fish09276

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Yikes. I wouldn’t be buying a kid one of the new ipad pros. The 2018 regular ipad? Yes...But Not one of the new pros tho. No way. You could wrap that thing in bubble wrap, and you’d still be asking for trouble.
He just uses in the house. Carpeting and soft furniture. Zero drop risk.
[doublepost=1542214223][/doublepost]
I bet Jony Ive could design something. It will be interesting to see what they come up with out there.

Going to be extremely difficult to make a kids case that leaves almost the entire side exposed to have room for the pencil.

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
No kid of mine is touching my brand new iPad.
Prefer to buy an used one from eBay...

Dave-Z

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012

My kid uses this style case. It's simple but extremely effective. The newer versions have a slot for the Apple Pencil (gen. 1). Give it a little time and a case like this will be out for the new iPad Pros.

But these cases are for little kids, not 9 year olds. I would suggest just waiting for an Otterbox style case. They're nicer looking and better suited for older kids. It really shouldn't take too long for these to start showing up.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
He just uses in the house. Carpeting and soft furniture. Zero drop risk.
[doublepost=1542214223][/doublepost]
Hey man, if you can afford it, it’s all good. I just think of all the stuff my bros & I did when we were 9...and carpet or soft furniture be damned...we were gonna end up breaking somethin’! Lol.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
My 20 month old has an iPad mini 1. Basically because her 4year old brother took my iPad mini 4, and they don’t watch the same stuff. So I had to buy myself a new pro right :)

And before I get the parent police on my back, they do play outside, arts and crafts, Lego all that good stuff too. Everything in moderation.

darthbane2k

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
He's got both. Stop preaching please.
Not preaching just advising because you mentioned fortnite and that’s available on the switch.
I think I giving an iPad Pro to a kid is overkill but it’s your money.
Perhaps a generic kids case for the 10.5 model should fit, you would have to sacrifice cut outs for the pencil and buttons though