Kids software - what's the best?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HyperliteG4, May 25, 2010.

1. HyperliteG4 macrumors regular

HyperliteG4

Anyone have any insight as to what the best software out there is for kids that runs on Snow Leopard? Everywhere I look, stuff doesn't run well, it's crashy, etc...

My kids are 2, 3 & 6. I'm looking for educational software and the occasional game to play. When I was a kid I learned with Mario Teaches Typing, hypercard, oregon trail, etc... Wish those were still playable without much hassle!

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

2. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

My kids really got into (and still are) starfall.com
    My daughter is getting ready for school and alot of stuff on there keeps her memory fresh for Kindergarten. My son started using it at 2 and he navigates it all by himself and plays all the games which are always a story teaching words and sounds or they include songs to remember em. check it out. My daughter LOVE my wife’s game called Tasty Planet! LOL Not very educational but it helped her a couple years back learning the mouse. My wife always plays those Diner Dash games and the kids play on EASY mode. It can help with quick thinking. They like those as well. Hope all that helps.

3. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

Oh Wow! Just Saw Your In Menifee!! Lmao! Moreno Valley Here!! Haha