Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
I am unable to refresh chats or log into Kik within the iOS Kik app on iOS 9.3 PB2.

Just want to make sure if this is related to the beta software of it's an issue related to something else.

EDIT: It is related to iOS 9.3 PB.

EDIT 2: It is T-Mobile only in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkkknighttt930

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
unrelated. Works fine on dev beta 2 which is the same build.

Thanks for the feedback, but I keep trying to log in and it doesn't even go through.

This started happening after I upgraded to 9.3 PB2. I think I'll wait for more responses.

darkkknighttt930

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
I am unable to refresh chats or log into Kik within the iOS Kik app on iOS 9.3 PB2.

Just want to make sure if this is related to the beta software of it's an issue related to something else.
Yes iOS 9.3 beta 2 kills Kik over cellular data. If you connect to wifi it will work. :/
This is the third app that iOS 9.3 beta 2 kills, the second app is Snapchat texting over cellular data and third is Night Owl DVR when used over data. All the apps function fine over wifi so there must have been a change in cellular from iOS 9.3 beta 1 and iOS 9.3 beta 2.

Reactions: vertsix

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Yes iOS 9.3 beta 2 kills Kik over cellular data. If you connect to wifi it will work. :/
This is the third app that iOS 9.3 beta 2 kills, the second app is Snapchat texting over cellular data and third is Night Owl DVR when used over data. All the apps function fine over wifi so there must have been a change in cellular from iOS 9.3 beta 1 and iOS 9.3 beta 2.

Yes, I think this is what happened. Thanks for the reply

It was working fine on PB1 though.

Last edited:

jfiggy77

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2015
I'm on T-Mobile. I have a few programs that won't run on LTE anymore since installing the latest beta including but not just limited to Kik. One of them is JumiCam which I use to look in on my dogs during the day. Has worked fine on LTE all the years I've been using it but not anymore. I have an IPad Air 2 on AT&T and everything is working fine on LTE so it's definitely an issue only affecting T-Mobile. I followed the link to the Reddit post and it's only affecting people on T-Mobile. I wonder if we'll have to wait until the next beta is released or if there will be a way to fix this issue before then.

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA

EDIT: It is related to iOS 9.3 PB.

EDIT 2: It is T-Mobile only.
I'm on 9.3 PB2 and I also have T-Mobile but my kik works fine. I haven't had a problem with any of the two 9.3 betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.