Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Any working tweak that can kill/clear all background apps. I previously used ccsettings but looks like that is not updated yet as it just goes to safe mode. Thanks

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Any working tweak that can kill/clear all background apps. I previously used ccsettings but looks like that is not updated yet as it just goes to safe mode. Thanks

Why would you do that? any background apps you kill will re-launch again which uses battery to do. Killing all apps is an old Android habit because Android runs like crap on low memory where iOS doesn't.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Why would you do that? any background apps you kill will re-launch again which uses battery to do. Killing all apps is an old Android habit because Android runs like crap on low memory where iOS doesn't.
Which explains why there is more than one background app killing tweak in Cydia?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Which explains why there is more than one background app killing tweak in Cydia?

There are only a few apps that really run in the background. If you think the list of apps in your task switcher are running in the background you are mistaken. That list is a combination of recently open apps (shortcuts) or apps that are temporarily running until iOS puts them in a frozen state. With these excluded only system level apps like Mail, Messages and Phone are really always running.

Does this app you are referring to just clear out the task switcher cards or does it really kill all background processes?

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My point is that not everyone agrees with your assessment. If they did, there wouldn't be more than one tweak of this type in Cydia - or even one.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, just pointing out that others might.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
My point is that not everyone agrees with your assessment. If they did, there wouldn't be more than one tweak of this type in Cydia - or even one.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, just pointing out that others might.

My statement is based on Apple's own website explaining how iOS memory management works. It's not my opinion per say but if a user wants to pretend to kill imaginary background apps all day with a tweak I guess that's none of my business. :)

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010

Slide2Kill8 Lite worked on iOS 8 and it appears ready of iOS 9 (I haven't installed it [on iOS 9]* it so YMMV)

*[Edit] added clarification

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
as long as i cant see what keeps running i will continue to close my apps thanks to battery hogs like Facebook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.