Kill File Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rory Manton, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Rory Manton macrumors regular

Rory Manton

I view a couple of news groups via google ( alt.music.rush being one of them) running in Safari but ,like most news groups it has it's trolls and I am in need of a kill file.

I have googled it and came up with a Greasemonkey (which I used very successfully with Firefox) derivative but even after following the simple instructions could not get it to work.

Can anybody offer me a simple idiot proof kill file for Safari?

Please, and I don't mean to be rude, don't tell me I would be better off reading through this or that reader, google works and that is good enough for me, I am not the brightest when it comes to comp-u-taters.

Thanks all.

Rory

2. Buzz Bumble Guest

Safari is a web browser and not really designed to read Usenet Newsgroups. Similarly, Google Groups is a rather hopless way of accessing Usenet Newsgroups.

You'd be better to get a proper newsreader application (MacOrchard.com has a few listed, but I'm not sure which is the best for Mac OS X) and an account with a proper newsserver, which usually means paying for it.

On the other hand, Usenet Newsgroups are on the decline as everyone instead moves to web-based forums (like this one). Many Internet providers no longer even bother having their own newsserver.