Kill the damn white macbook already!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gonnabuyamacbsh, Jul 6, 2011.

1. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

It's less earth friendly
    Higher price makes no sense because no one well but what. Maybe some idiots will
    Lower prices would bring it too close to ipad level

Just make the 11" the new standard and it can have hope of having more ram, storage, and processing /graphics abd so much more. Could mean a lot of good things for the 11"since it would be the new baby standard.

Oh it's this thread again...................!!!!!!!...??????///////+++++++&&&&&&@@@@@@__%())"(%_____%())""";;+:))";/""":"));??? I'm//":?..,,,,,,...........

2. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Because some people don't want a limited machine as a base model

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Its less "earth friendly" Are you kidding? Who gives a crap?? Does anybody really believe there is such a thing as a computer that ISN'T bad for the environment? And I can tell you for sure the white MacBook isn't going anywhere for a while. Its easily Apple's best selling laptop right now, and when I worked for an AASP and reseller, those things were hard to keep on the shelf. If anything, the 17" is going away first.

4. Ijustfarted macrumors regular

I agree with you. But... Lmao you've been drinking haven't you? Its 1:22am of course you have

5. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

It would be great if they found a place where the Macbook fits better.
    Maybe a lower price point?

I know someone who bought a 2011 MBP 13" and when I asked her why she didn't buy the 15" MBP, she told me it's because she didn't want to pay $500 extra just for more "memory."

It's obvious that not everyone is knowledgeable about computers, so a lower price point along with a refresh may help its sales to people who are just getting into Macs or just looking for a good computer for a competitive price.

These are just my thoughts though. :)

Edit: Shouldn't this be in the Macbook section?

6. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

With the new MBA out I couldn't see why someone would buy it. 200$ less? Not sure if this is enough.

I could imagine the MacBook price drop to $799 and have a few lame upgrades until it's retired in two years.

7. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

... Next generation

I think the marketing/wording of the current 'air' is significant.

"The new MacBook Air - The next generation of MacBooks"

Note that it doesn't say "Next generation:

MacBook Air
    MacBook Pro
    Mac Portable
    Mac Notebook"

Specifically MacBooks- I'm in the camp of the current macbook (white unibody) being killed off, and the 'Air' taking it's place as the entry level mac notebook.

Remember in October 2008 when the Unibody MacBook was introduced, I think they finally have the recipe to keep the cost low, and give an excellent end user experience.

I don't know if it will keep the 'Air' moniker, but ultimately it'll be two classes of notebooks, ranging from 11"-17" with some cross over possibly in the 13/15" ranges. How many people have speculated about a 15" air? A high end 15" air with a 256 (512 upgrade) SSD and 8+ hour battery, would be killer machine for lots of students, keeping it lightweight and not sacrificing a whole lot.

But again this is all just opinion, maybe a little bit of dreaming.

8. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Higher price? The Macbook is the cheapest apple laptop with the best (for its price) specs. The macbook air IS OVERPRICED and will NOT be the base model of the lineup (at least yet).
    The macbook is a cheaper macbook pro, why WOULDN'T someone buy it instead of a mbp? And I don't mean now, I mean when they're both refreshed.

9. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

10. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Quite.

It's for that reason that my newest computer isn't a MacBook. The MacBook Air is overpriced and seriously underpowered, and the white MacBook is looking dated.

11. [DL] macrumors 6502

[DL]

The only problem I see with the current model is the rubber bottom. That thing is almost completely peeled off, and this has happened to other people. Tape is not working. <_<

Don't kill it. Just get rid of that terrible bottom.

12. atMac macrumors 6502

I personally find the white MacBook the single best looking laptop out there.

If it had:
    1400x900 display
    6630 GPU
    No Optical drive

I'd have one instantly even if it cost $1,600

13. brapmac740 macrumors member

brapmac740

I do believe that my white macbook is producing 1000% less emissions than Mexico, Hybrid Cars, China and laundry mats.

You do paperless billing I'll bet too. That's not for the environment. That's a cost cutting measure for companies. They don't give a flying heap of ***** about the environment. if they did they wouldn't come out with New **** every two years or sooner so you get to throw your unit to the landfill in Dubai to sit for the next millenium.

Going Green? That's the biggest load of **** 2nd only to "global warming." And Al Gore invented the internet if you didn't know...

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you know apple has an extended warranty on that issue and will replace it for free

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1161388

15. [DL] macrumors 6502

[DL]

16. LarryC macrumors 6502

LarryC

I don't really care if it is "Earth Friendly." Do you really think that any computer is earth friendly? And no, I am not gonna buy into the whole silly global warming political agenda. I am so sick of hearing the word "Green."

And just because you don't want a MacBook doesn't mean that others don't. Your 11" baby (as you put it) isn't even a real (in my opinion) computer! It is a freaking iPad with a keyboard and a 64GB hard drive. You get much more with the MacBook than you do the Air. Do you know why so many people are buying the Air? Because it is the "in" thing at the moment.

Leave my MacBook alone :mad: and be happy with your Air :D How about that concept. Be happy :D:D:D:D with your choices in life and leave other peoples choices alone. Is that just too much of an advanced concept for some to grasp? Jeez. And maybe think about getting a self-help book dealing with control issues!

And if my post pisses you off, try not to think about Al Gores Giant air conditioned house and his multi-thousand dollar per month electric bill. Also, try to ignore good ol' Al's fleet of Limousines and giant SUV's that he takes to the airport to hop aboard his private jet when he travels to give a bunch of sandal wearing, dreadlocked haired, white, guilt-ridden, hippies with their MacBook Airs a lecture about how they can further reduce their carbon footprint!