Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

energie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
italy
Was wondering.....is there any way to kill all appz in background in a row?

I do really hate killing them one by one.

Any idea?

thanks

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
There is nothing out right now that let's you kill all running apps with one button. Although it is a good idea and hopefully some dev is nice enough to make it.

Remove all recents only removes apps that don't support backgrounding.

energie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
italy
hard to trust that no one had this idea before....its rly annoying to kill appz one by one :/

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
Sweet this is a handy app altho I might disable backgrounding in 4.0 as it's crap. Lol

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
get backgrounder and choose which apps are actually allowed to run in the background on a case-by-case basis

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
anyway how does it work?

automatically? cant find any icon :|

it kills all non backgrounding apps automatically. after youve installed just reboot or respring. open up an app that doesnt background, then close it. youll see once you double tap home it isnt in your tray.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i was afraid of dat..but nevertheless its still a useful app...helps in d battery performance..

i dont think my battery has been affected. but i am hoping for a sbsettings toggle to kill all apps. a simlpe swipe and tap would be awesome.

ssdar

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2008
Netherlands
@TS You can use backgrounder and remove recents together and choose what apps you want to run (native)multitask or (fully)backgrounded and which ones you want to quit after closing.
This way your multitask dock stays clean.

energie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
italy
dam thats not i was looking for:(

i wanted an icon or a sbsettings button to kill all apps not to kill them automatically:(

thanks anyway

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
You know you can put mutitouch to use. Use both of your thumbs to continuously press the red -

Tu13es

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
All Remove Recents does is take icons out of the multitask dock for apps that aren't actually multitasking. Just makes it easier to tell which apps are running and which aren't. It doesn't kill apps or make your phone faster or anything.

W8tin4iphone4

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I was letting some JB apps run in the background and it was draining the hell out of my battery so I just closed a few of them to see if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.