Killing floor (connection loop)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by b0tt094, May 20, 2010.

1. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

So I was playing yesterday (blasting zombies and what not, painting the manor red) and the game quit to desktop. I thought nothing of it [fast forward to today] So I get back from work and wanted to relax and kill some clots but I noticed a problem the servers won't connect. It just sits there and endlessly loops saying connecting hit f10 to cancel (server Ip address) I found some things online on how to fix it for windows but nothing seemed to work.

Can anyone help me with this. It never happened to me on my vista partion. :(

2. zao8350 macrumors regular

i have the same problem and have no idea how to fix it. i find it really aggravating.

3. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

4. Hintze macrumors member

I cant find those files, not one of them, I cant find them in the documents/common/Killingfloor/System
    am i looking in the wrong place?

5. colocolo macrumors 6502

The same happens to me every other time I try to play KF.
    My solution, for the time being, is to fire up steam, force quit it, then start it up again. That seems to solve it every time.

6. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

That works for me too

Also search for those files in general not just in that folder... They may be there from other games. I believe I found some in my vista partion

7. OMFG A LOBSTER macrumors newbie

Killing Floor MAC

I have played Killing Floor quite alot on my PC laptop with no internet/server issues that I couldn't resolve myself. Now I have a Macbook Version 10.6.4 OS X. I recently moved in with a friend and were running off a router, everytime I plug my ethernet cable in I get ??? or N/A servers. I unplug and play wireless and i'm fine but my ping is poor ranging from 60's for about an 10mins then spikes terribly. We've tried going through a switch which we are currently using, i've tried changing my IP Address, Router:, and DNS servers multiple times and I've looked everywhere for a resolution to no avail. Some random times i'll connect via wireless, and steathily plug my ethernet in and i'm golden, (only worked on 2 seperate occasions) now I plug it in the game freezes.....UGHHH please help me I just want to play Killing Floor without, trying to connect to a server and get frustrated and just play another game. Another helpful tip is I have 0 issues when I play CS Source and DoD Source, I can leave the ethernet plugged in and my ping is great everytime, I can even play with my friend LAN style, I give up on trying to solve this on my own.

Thank you for your time

-Lobster