Killswitch - Big Rumor Or Big Brother??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ClayOtis, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ClayOtis macrumors newbie

ClayOtis

So I lost DopeWars, a fun game ported to the iPod Touch the second time i upgraded and did not yet have AbtBackup, and no repo's have it... so was it that Apple used the "KILLSWITCH" and obliterated the game from everywhere?? Also, the app i have that supposedly will disable the "killswitch".... it is SBSettings i believe, wherein you can change the time format and the "Fix User Dir Permissions" thingy... there's a switch that says "Apple Killswitch" (ON/OFF)... I don't know if the "ON" means that the Killswitch BLOCK is ON, or if I should put it to OFF, because "OFF" means Killswitc (and it's abilities) are then OFF. Anyone know if they have ever heh, "pulled the switch" on anything they have deemed inappropriate or anything? I read an article where an Apple rep said that the K.S. did indeed exist, but never heard of them using it...
    So, if i can ever get DopeWArs back, i don't want the guys-in-ties at Apple to "throw the switch" on it... so what do i set that toggle to to avoid them killing any of my apps?? Can they kill Cydia/Icy apps, too? I dont like the concept that they can censor my apps on a whim.... I'd like to know how to DISABLE Apple's ability to use the Killswitch, by using the toggle labled "Killswitch" in SBSettings.... so should i set that toggle to ON to put ON the Killswitch 'over-ride' or "OFF" to turn the Killswitch's whole concept OFF?

Thanks to any and al who can clarify. Speculation is cool too but i can do that myself... :D:D

2. mrhappyface2010 macrumors newbie

mrhappyface2010

Killswitch

Hey ClayOtis,
    I found that setting in SBSettings and you are meant to set it to Off to prevent :apple: from deleting your apps. I haven't heard of any occurences of :apple: using the killswitch and :apple: can't use the killswitch on any other apps except the AppStore apps, so you Cydia apps are safe but anyway, they can't use the killswitch if you set to Off ;)