Killzone 2 or RS: Vegas 2 multi?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SchneiderMan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

So its down to two online multiplayer games for my PS3, which one should i get? thank you.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Killzone 2 community is much bigger than RB6V2 online community...both fun and have plenty of servers up(Killzone more of course)

It all comes down to your preference...fast paced Team Fortress 2 type classes or a slower paced team focus match(I prefer team based slower online games)

Bless

3. resom macrumors member

4. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

yeah i like the slower team gameplay, is there a multiplayer demo of those 2 games? i never played them so its hard. thnks

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I don't think there is a multiplayer Killzone demo... isn't there a 1 player one?

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

yes and i hated it so much!

7. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

You hated it, and your still considering buying it? :confused:

What does it take for you to 'not' want to buy a game?!

Seariously though, I think Killzone 2 is the better game, both single player and multiplayer.

But if you didnt like the demo of killzone single player, you probably wont like the multiplayer... it plays and feels the same really.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

PS3 wise, I prefered RS:Vegas2 over Killzone 2, however I prefer G.R.A.W 2 over both of them for online play...

I won my only online gaming competition with a former small clan on the original G.R.A.W for 360. :)

9. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

So today ive rented vegas 2 and they didnt have killzone2 so i took grid but whatever, i just wanted to say i really dont like vegas 2, bad graphic, bad gameplay and bad sound fx. i really dont like it.
    ill be pre ordering the new Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising it looks like bad company and i like that. thanks again..

10. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Umm...if you are expecting something like Bad Company, you may want to read up on Operation Flashpoint a little more before you buy it. From what I have read, OF is brutally realistic and hard, as in one shot can kill you, no magical regenerating health or health packs, no power ups etc scattered across the landscape. More like a real life simulator. While that certainly has its own appeal, it's a fairly different approach from Bad Company.

If you want something like Bad Company, why not wait for Bad Company 2? Not coming till March though...

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

if operation flash point turns out like battlefield company (which i like mind you) it will be a sore disappointment... and it will be because they are making a console wich means dumbing down

for those who did't play the original PC game:

-if you get caught in the open by an armed vehicle:
    in battlefield you try to go for solid cover, dodge and run around and try to get a shot from behindwith a grenade etc.
    - in operation flashpoint: you die, literally instantly, at ranges which are longer than some battlefield maps

in battlefield you often get friendly indicators where is what and who is who, including a radar
    in operation flashpoint: well you didn't... you actually had to spot enemies

learning curve in battlefield: possible
    operation flashpoint: after the tutorial you are stranded behind enemy lines without support stuck in a small forest surroundend by open terrain with spetznazs patrolling around and helicopter gunship armored vehicles in the open and you had to get to an extraction point 3 miles away... which half way there gets changed somewhere else further away ... and then yet again changed further away after getting there nearly

you know the saying "being thrown in cold water" ... that first mission was like being thrown out of an airplane, after a short theoretical introduction of parachutes, and then you are supposed to sew & assemble together your own parachute from parts in mid-air before you hit the ground

12. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Haha, sounds like I would like it.

In Far Cry 2, I turned off the music (changes in music will indicate whether enemies are around), and the cross hair (would turn red when pointing at an enemy, even when he's hiding behind some foliage and you can't see him), just to create *somewhat* of a more realistic experience. If I don't see an enemy, tough, I am sure to notice his surprise bullets! ;) I enjoy the game A LOT more that way, and I'm sure it's still a huge joke compared to Flashpoint.

13. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well in the original "surprise bullets" killed you ;) (i'm currently playing far cry too and with the same no cross hair setting)

just to further explain why this game was so way ahead of it's time:

head and gun moved independent: with the mouse you aimed but you could turn you viewing field around with using the numpad
    also your firing arc was more or less straigth ahead so if you were lying prone you couldn't flick your frist and fire left or right

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Operation Flashpoint sounds like my type of game...I might have to research it and buy it. I'm tired of run and gunners with hand holding mode always on. In flashpoint it sounds like you need to use cover and sneak around a lot which slows down the tempo which I like.

Bless

15. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The thing that sold me with OF, is that the maps are HUGE! So you have the time to move around or hide yourself in good areas if your a sniper. I snipe most of the time. and i love the idea that you can die easily from one shot. now i dont have to use a sniper all the time.