Kimbo actually Sucks...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by sukanas, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'll bet you wouldn't say that to his face. ;)

I couldn't care less for mixed martial arts fighting, but I happened to catch this ten second "fight" as I was flipping through channels in my hotel last night.

Those guys are all such brutes...

2. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

In other news: the sky is blue.

Kimbo looked good fighting no bodies on the street, but in the cage with pros he's a disaster.

3. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i think anderson silva is the best, pound for pound. elite xc doesn't seem so elite anymore

4. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

I went to get something to drink from the fridge just as the bell rang and when I come back in the room Kimbo is falling to the floor...

What was interesting was the look on Petrezelli's (sp) face (in the replay) as Kimbo charged him. He looked scared to death. 2 kicks to keep Kimbo back and a punch and Kimbo falls flat... go figure. (And a flurry of punches after Kimbo was on his back...)

The BIGGER they are the HARDER they fall.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

kimbo is proof that sheer power will not always win a fight. You cant just brawl all the time.

6. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

EliteXC was never elite, and the only reason I'd keep watching it is because my future ex (Gina) fights in there (for now) but that's a different story!

Kimbo was a joke milking the cash cow. It was only a matter of time before he got exposed as an over-glorified streetfighter. Sure he can drop bombs and tear up the average backyard bum...but put him in the ring with real fighters and it was bound to happen. EliteXC was hyping him up by, what, putting him up against people they knew he would walk through (i mean, c'mon....tank abbot? shamrock?? how about someone who's NOT at the end of their fighting career)...where was his 'warrior challenge'? I heard they almost had Frank Shamrock in there, i would've paid to see ol' Frankie submit him in the 1st round.

Silva's a bad dude, and SO respectful. I've never seen a fighter with such humility and respect for the other corner. And even after jumping up a weight class, he's still a dominant force.

Now FEDOR is the dude to watch in the heavyweights. He's regarded as the greatest heavyweight fighter in the world. If you like Silva, you'll like Fedor :D

7. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

[ ] knows what he's talking about
    [ ] said it best
    [x] knows nothing about MMA