iPhone Kind of an annoying bug - anyone else experiencing this?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Antidoll, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Antidoll macrumors regular

While listening to music and the phone is in my pocket, if I receive a message or any kind of notification, since the screen becomes sensitive to touch, buttons get pressed while I'm walking...

=== hopefully this get fixed soon :)

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

3. Antidoll thread starter macrumors regular

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Oh, so the screen being overly sensitive is not your problem? I thought your description matched the discussion in that thread.
    No problem, it is not easy running a beta at times.

5. Antidoll thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure the screen sliding by itself and the screen turning on because of a notification are two different kind of bugs that needs to be corrected.

:) I hope you're not a developer.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well the screen turning on with notifications isn't new nor is it the problem. The issue is with the redesigned locked screen it's now much easier form things to happen in their own once it is activated by something (like a notification) and the most common things that seem to be happening on their own with that redesigned screen is unlocking of it and/or random music controls being activated since those seem to stay on the screen by default (now). Each one of those is a slightly different issue, but they are similar in that they both now seem to happen due to changes to the locked screen and how it behaves.

7. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

No, it's not exactly the same bug, but they stem from the same problems - the screen being over sensitive and controls are too easily accessed. The lock screen's slide area is too large as opposed to back in previous OS's where the slide to unlock is confined to a small area. As for the music buttons being pressed.. the music controls are not well designed this time around either. Before when you've locked your screen, if you want to change the song you'd have to double click the home button to show the music controls from the clock. However now, the music control is the priority and even after you press the home button once to revert back to the clock, after you wake the screen again, it's back to the music player controls. This + sensitive screen results in many unintended functions such as the unintended pressing of buttons and unlocking the screen.