Kind of funny/sad story

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fenir, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Fenir macrumors regular

So with it being halloween and what not, I was out and about in costume and got some nice pictures and all. But at the end of the day, I was asked this girl for her name so i could tag her in some pictures of us on facebook. I had the facebook app open on my phone and let her search her name before she left. Anyways, i didn't immediately look at it until after she left. It said her last name was Proven, but that it didn't have any search results. I said to myself, "well duh, it didn't find any results because it was searching my friends and not everyone".

Well, I just searched it on facebook and found no one. So I'm sitting here, thinking maybe I got shafted, although I kinda doubted it. I was telling this to my friend and he went "did your iphone autocorrect it?"

And then it hit me; her last name wasn't proven; it was auto-corrected. It's great that I have a first name, but it's kind of difficult sifting through 500+ people on my college network (assuming she is even on the network) trying to find one person.

So kinda sad, but kinda funny at the same time. Happy halloween!

2. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Oh that is very annoying! I always make sure I pay attention while I type on my iPhone because, though the autocorrect can be a great thing sometimes, it can be very annoying if you're typing names etc!

Once I was typing my friend's name "Gina" into the phone so it 'corrected' it to "gins", I clicked X on that, but next time I typed the name it tried changing it to "guns"! Stupid bloody phone!!!