Kind of was touched by ...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ChristianJapan, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I went this morning to a hospital for some light treatment. While waiting for my slot I saw a women in a heavy wheelchair.

In front of her chair was a table installed with a touch screen device packed into a shock-protecting case. The design of the screen looked familiar to me so I was looking a bit more. Guess what: it was actually an iPad. How she could use it ? :confused:

Then I saw that she was wearing a kind of hat with a telescope holder for a stylus. This way whe was using the iPad by moving her head and stylus. Actually she used just the simple standard note app to write what she wanted.

It was amazing to actually see how the technology we use to work/play/enjoy actually really help people with special needs for very basic things like communication. Of course I read about those stories but now I saw one in real life. This kind of touched me.

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yep. The iPad and many other tech devices are being used in amazing ways that most of us will never hear about because we are too busy playing a game or looking up nonsense on the net. Where there is progress there is also plenty of wasted potential.