Kind of wish iPhone 6+ had "smart cover" abilities....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone1105, Sep 24, 2014.

1. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Even though not in my hands, I wish it had the ability to have a smart cover for it, like iPads do. I can see myself propping this up on tables and such while eating lunch, or reading recipes while cooking with the wifey. Plus it's handy to just open and close to have the screen start and shut down.

Anyway, just wishing, and starting topics on other things besides bending. :)

2. wxman2003 Suspended

3. sportello macrumors member

I was thinking this myself. Would protect the back from scuffs when it's open and on a table too - my 6 Plus already has a mark just from sitting on a wood desk.

4. WilliamG macrumors G3

But... but... what about TouchID?

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm the same way with the 6. But it makes way more sense for the iPad because of how you use it.

OR it would be nice if someone could design the mother of all wallet cases. I've been wanting a new wallet forever, and I would love to ditch an extra item. I could probably condense to about five cards most of the time. It's just hard to pick a wallet without seeing it in person and trying it out.

6. shaunmed macrumors regular

i like the covers with the little window that samsung has

[​IMG]

7. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hahaha, true. But one could still use it, I'm not big on TouchID myself. I can see though how a smart cover type case would mess up a TouchID user though. :)

Honestly, I'm more into the turning the screen off feature, which I enjoy on my iPad. That and how it folds for two viewing modes. :)

----------

Maybe you wont need a wallet or cards anymore with Apple Pay? But yeah a nice wallet case has been something I have long looked for, most are too bulky for my taste, so I never stick with them for too long.

8. opusknecht macrumors newbie

I love my BookBook for my iPhone 5. I'm waiting for the 6 Plus version to come out, although I think it might make it the size of a small paperback book.

I don't want to go back to a separate wallet, though. I guess going with the 6i instead of the Plus would have been smart, but I want the larger screen. =P

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/bookbook-for-iphone-5

9. sportello macrumors member

Cheesy... Just my opinion, of course.

10. joelb727 macrumors regular

I'm also looking to ditching my wallet and consolidating...

11. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

The iPad smart case/covers have a cut out for the camera on the back. They could do the same for the phone. :)

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oh really? The iPad Mini didn't have one...

But yeah, it would be nice to have a smart cover. I would want the cover though and not an entire case.

And no, no holes whatsoever. :p We'd be pocket answering our calls then.

13. sportello macrumors member

You can fold back one of the three panels on the iPad covers to let the camera peek out. It's good for gripping the tablet better too. Although I'll concede it would probably be a little awkward with the phone.

14. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Not if your phone is meant to be a phablet.

15. sportello macrumors member

Even then. I find on my Mini the cover sometimes hangs down awkwardly while in use, so I just take it off and put it back on for storage or when I need a stand.

The other consideration is the Plus is much taller in proportion to its width than an iPad, so I could see it just looking strange.

16. CarolG macrumors member

CarolG

I tried a case for my 6 Plus very similar to the Book Book, but it was too thick and had no closure. I found a very thin leather case from Krussell on Amazon. It stands up in landscape mode and has a magnetic tab to close it. The case is very lightweight and thin so it doesn't add bulk or weight. I didn't put credit cards, etc in it because I don't want to make it thicker or heavier but there are slots for that if you like. It also folds open with the magnetic tab at the back to hold it very flat if you're using the iPhone to text or talk on the phone.

17. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Ahh, I wasn't familiar with the ones for the mini, the full sized iPad, that smart cover has holes for the camera, unless they changed that, but I have a product red and gray, both have the holes....that completely sucks the mini doesn't, what the heck?

18. coinerlover macrumors newbie

i'd love to see that

19. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

20. Azzin macrumors 68040

21. shaunmed macrumors regular

whats wrong with cheese?

[​IMG]

22. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

and I think it should only stay with samsung phones unless iPhone's start using amoled screens. AMOLED screens can light up individual pixels vs a LCD screen so in that picture below only that portion is on, compared to a LG G3 or HTC ONE M8 (both using LCD screens) covers which actaully have the whole screen on while only a portion is on

23. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Thats a cool case, but its the abilites on the phone I want, so it would work with the screen shut off/on feature of a smart case/cover. Nice find though, looks slick!:)